Sunday 6 July 2014

Laughing At Myself: A Reader's Experience

OK so, some posts ago I wrote about my experience laughing at myself. In case you missed it. Here
And I asked my readers to share. So someone shared his experience which happened just last week Sunday.
Well not to bore you with much words..... here you go:
...................................

Please don't crack your ribs as you read through. This is my story, an experience you don't want to have.

There is this girl (Let’s call her Linda), a 'friend' who is currently on NYSC in Lagos. We started having 'things'(like kisses and all that) together some weeks back but not dating. I invited her over to pass the night on Saturday (yesterday) but she was busy and agreed to visit me today in my house. ........ I had plans, you know.

I should have sense God warning me when one of my brother's friends bumped into me Saturday night from Ibadan around 10pm unannounced! He'd have met her had she agreed to sleep over and reported me to my brother who owns the house but who is out of town (he's back anyways).
To cut the long story short, to her house I went, arrived around 12pm, hoping to spend an hour before we go see a movie at a Cinema.

However, she didn't tell me her host in Lagos [which is her grand ma] is volatile and she probably thought we would have left for the Cinema before she'd come back from Church.

Unfortunately for both of us, she came back early today... at exactly 12:30pm and that's where the wahala started. My lady friend was so scared she became jitters and that was when she told me her grandma could pour water on me if she sees me. Ah! Water ke?
So she came up with her weird game plan, and alas I had no choice on this one. I followed her into her room where she practically hid me in her wardrobe (hahahahaha!!!!!).
I was in there for about 20 minutes before I was smuggled out through the back door (via the kitchen). Since their living room does not have a door and it leads right to the kitchen grandma would see me if the door was not covered so in her ingenuity, she and their house maid had to cover the parlor entrance with a mattress, pretending to be wanting to take the mattress to the living room. That was how I sneaked out through the back door.
I made for the gate with a speed of 240km/hr immediately.
My brother, I'd seen such drama in movies before but I experienced it today. I've been laughing at myself ever since.
Timmy Temi *Website Developer*

*** *** *** ***
Seriously you didn’t laugh at that. Or did you?

No comments:

Post a Comment