Friday 6 June 2014

6 People Till Love

Just 6 People Away?

I’m sure you must have heard of the 6 degree of separation. But I’m not about to expatiate on it. My dear friend and blogger coach Obafemi Fawibe wrote a beautiful piece on it. You can read it here. obafemi on 6 degrees

I want to share how it worked for me especially in finding love, my love - the love.

I studied Plant Biology at University of Ilorin. In my fourth year I met a lower class man named Mayowa. Mayowa and I became good friends because he was really intrigue by my ‘zanny wisdom’ as he called it. Over the next couple weeks, Mayowa introduced me to a friend of his in a sister department [zoology] Thomas, hoping that I could provide for Tomy the same service I provided for him. Well, after meeting Tomy I got the same response about my ‘zanny wisdom’ but then I got more. Thomas told me that I must meet a colleague of his who was also eccentric like me.

Enter Gideon Bankole. Gideon and I knocked it off, straight off. I was almost headed for service year when we met; Gideon was in his final year at the time. When I returned from service, we took it up where we left off, sharing ideas and partnering on a number of projects. Gideon allowed me share office space with him while I find my foot [he did not go for service, he built his business instead].

Luckily Gideon was not as reclusive as I was. He had lots of friends throng in to his office daily as well as clients, so I met many friends courtesy of Gideon. It was through Gideon that I met the delectable Yvonne Nwachukwu and through a string of events after some 4 years, on the 24th of May, 2014 she became Yvonne Afolayan - we got married!

In a future post I will share some of the stories in between the meeting and the marriage, but for now, I want to encourage you with the lesson that people are our greatest asset, and whatever you want, is presently in possession of someone who is seeking someone to give it away to. You only need to meet and connect with him/her. And here is the big deal: your key or connection is someone whom you already know.

During service year I had a relationship that left me heartbroken, not realizing that my wife was actually waiting for me just a friend away, a contact away, one chanced meeting away.
Whatever it is that you seek, it is just 6 or less maybe 3 people away as was in my case. This has worked for me not only in my relationship but in landing the big client in my career [that will be subject of a future post].

So the next question is: how do I know which of my present contact, holds the key to the person who has what I need?
Well, that is the million dollar question. When you find the answer please let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment