Tuesday 29 April 2014

Of Davido and An Easter Experience

I woke up Friday morning in need of cash. I got the shocker that there was public hols. Worst still the hols were to run till Monday. I had been oblivious to the Easter season, no thanks to my heavy work load. I had procrastinated on getting more cooking fuel and food, and too bad I don't use debit card. Now I was real stomped. The only meal I could take now was casa flakes - please don't say garri. [Wink]. I spent my last few change getting groundnut and sugar to spice it up.

Saturday evening while doodling  over Facebook - under the influence of casa flakes, I followed a link and landed at a picture of Davido soaking flakes too [which I share above]. What happened next is what psychologists call reframing.

Davido is not nearly my favorite artiste, he doesn't even come close as I don't have a taste for his kind of songs. However I must say that is with the exception of his hit track 'aye'. Boy do I enjoy that song especially as it reminds me how favored I am to have Yvonne for a bride. Oh by the way Yvonne is my fiance.

Ok, back to my point: for all my grouse against Davido I know he's a billionaire's son, and I live in a society where casa flakes is considered a poor man's meal. Now here is a billionaire's son, and a millionaire in his own right soaking flakes.

My flakes suddenly tasted better. I don't think Davido condescended to flakes rather he was just being a millionaire and celebrity, and that just put casa flakes in a whole new light.

It just didn't feel so bad eating flakes anymore, except that my stomach walls started to revolt at a point by Sunday. After three straight days of casa flakes it had had enough! At this point I was forced to ask help and my dear Yvonne came to my rescue. .....She really no want Ferrari o... na my love!

No comments:

Post a Comment